Product Administration Guide > Basic Product Administration >
Creating a Product Record
You enter products into the Siebel system by creating product records. The product record contains the product name and important information about the product, such as its product line name or part number.
Once a product record is created, it cannot be deleted. To prevent a product record from being displayed in picklists and dialog boxes, edit the product record to deselect the Orderable, Sales Product, and Service Product check boxes. You can also control display of the product by setting Effective Start and Effective End dates.
After creating a product record be sure to do the following things:
- Associate the product with a price list.
- Set up user access to the product. You do this by adding the product to a category. Categories are how product visibility is controlled. You must add a product to a category to make it selectable in a quote and to make it visible in eSales Web pages.
To create a product record
- Navigate to Product Administration.
- Add a new record.
- In More Info form, click the show more button.
The long version of the Products form appears.
- In the form, select the product type (product, service, training).
- Fill in other desired fields in the product record and save the record.