Product Administration Guide > Customizable Product User Interface >
Editing Item Groups
You edit item groups by selecting a group and then editing the group record or by editing items in the group's Group Item List.
In the group record, you can change the group theme or the order in which the group displays.
In the Group Item List for a group, you can edit records by changing their sequence of display or by changing the type of UI control used to display the item.
If you change the UI control for a relationship, make sure that the new control allows the user to exercise the full range of the cardinalities you have defined for the relationship.
After you edit a group, you can verify your work by validating the customizable product. Validating a customizable product displays the selection pages a user sees during a configuration session. To validate the customizable product, from the Group Lists menu, choose Validate.
To edit an item group
- Navigate to Product Administration.
- Select and lock the desired customizable product.
- From the Customizable Product Show menu, choose Product UI Designer.
The Product UI Designer view appears.
- In the Group List, select the group you want to edit.
- To change the group theme, click the group's Group Theme select button and choose a new group theme.
- To change the group's sequence of display, edit the Sequence field.
The group with Sequence=1 displays first. Changing the group sequence changes the order in which the selection pages display.
- To change the sequence of display of relationships in the group, select an item in Group Item List and edit the Sequence field.
The item with Sequence=1 displays first. Changing the sequence changes the order in which the items display on the page.
- To change the display control associated with an item, select an item, click the UI control select button, and select a new control.
- Click Save to save the record.
Records are not saved automatically when you step off them.