Using Siebel Tools > Working With Archive Files >
Exporting Objects to an Archive File
You can use archive files to export top-level objects such as business components, applets, views, and projects to an archive file. Child objects are exported and imported along with their parents. You can select an entire project to export or individual objects within a project. When selecting individual objects to export, you select all objects of a given object type. For example, first you select all the applets you want export, then you can navigate to a second object type to select additional objects, and so on.
When exporting repositories, consider the following:
To export objects to an archive file
- In the Object Explorer, navigate to the object type you want to export.
- In the Object List Editor, select the object or objects you want to archive.
- Choose Tools > Add To Archive.
The Export to Archive File dialog box appears.
Status messages appear showing which child objects are being included. When the process completes, the selected top-level objects appear in the Objects to Archive list in the Export to Archive File dialog box.
- If you need to add objects of another object type, navigate to that object type in the Object Explorer without closing the Export to Archive File dialog box.
- Repeat Step 2 through Step 4 for each object you want to archive.
- When you are finished adding objects to the list, in the Export to Archive file dialog box, enter the path and filename of the archive file you want to create.
- Click Save.
An SIF file (archive file) is created in the location you selected.