Using Siebel Tools > Getting Projects From the Server Repository >
Performing a Full Get
For a newly initialized local database, you need to copy all objects from the server repository to your local repository by running a process called a full get. You must perform full get before you compile, because the SRF file must be based on the comprehensive set of Siebel objects.
By default the full get process performs database commits in regular intervals, rather than a single commit at the end of the process. For information about changing this option, see Setting Commit Options for Full Get.
To perform a full get
- Open Siebel Tools and connect to your local database.
- Choose Tools > Check Out.
- Choose the name of your development repository from the Repository pick list.
NOTE: The repository that you select is not necessarily the one opened by Siebel Tools.
- Select All Projects.
- Click Options.
- In the Development Tools Options window, make sure your Server Data Source is pointing to your server development database and your Client Data Source is pointing to the local database you previously initialized and are currently running against.
- In the Check Out dialog box, click Get.
All objects from the server repository are copied to your local repository.