Using Siebel Tools > Working With Strings and Other Locale-Specific Data >
About the Locale Management Utility
The Locale Management Utility (LMU) in Siebel Tools helps you manage the process of localizing text strings, such as field labels, and other locale-specific attributes, such as the height and width of controls. This includes exporting the strings to a file, which is then translated and imported back into the repository. The LMU provides the export and import tools to do this.
You use the Locale Management Utility to:
- Find strings that need to be translated.
- Find existing translations to use for untranslated strings.
- Export strings and locale-specific attributes to a file (.txt or .xliff) for localization.
- Import strings and locale-specific attributes from a file back into the repository.
- Search for strings and locale-specific attributes that have changed since the last export.
- Compare objects in the repository to the objects stored in the export file.