Siebel Email Response Administration Guide > Completing Basic Setup Tasks >
Performing Setup Tasks for Siebel Email Response
You must complete the following tasks before you can use Siebel Email Response.
- Revise and test workflow processes. Workflow processes from the Siebel Business Process Designer control the way incoming email is processed. All revisions and tests of workflow processes are done through Siebel Tools. For information on revising workflow processes, see Revising Workflow Processes. For information on testing workflow processes, see Testing Workflow Processes.
- Activate workflow processes. Once you have completed your revisions, you need to activate the workflow processes in your Siebel Email Response application. For information on activating workflow processes, see Activating Workflow Processes.
- Implement your routing and queuing application. Tasks depend on the routing and queuing application you choose to implement. You can choose one of the following applications:
- Set up Communications Server for Siebel Email Response. You use the Administration -Communications screen to assign values to communications driver fields (such as, email server name) and create Siebel Email Response driver profiles and response groups. The server components you will use are Communications Inbound Receiver (for receiving email), Communications Inbound Processor (for processing emails in nonreal-time mode) and Communications Outbound Manager (for replying to emails).
- Create templates, a catalog, and categories. Use the Administration - Communications screen to create templates. Use the Administration - Catalog screen to create a catalog and categories. This includes associating templates and solutions with categories.
- Start the server components. Depending on your server architecture, start one or more of the following server components:
- Communications Inbound Receiver
- Communications Inbound Receiver and Communications Inbound Processor (if you are using nonreal-time email processing)
- Communications Outbound Manager (for either real-time or nonreal-time email processing)
If you make any changes (other than profile or response group changes) to your Siebel Email Response setup after implementation, you must stop and restart the Communications Inbound Receiver, Communications Inbound Processor, and Communications Outbound Manager server components so that your changes take effect. If you make profile or response group changes, you can submit them without stopping the server components. For information on submitting profile, see Submitting Profile Changes. For information on submitting response group changes, see Submitting Response Group Changes.
- If you purchase Siebel Smart Answer (optional module), set it up using Siebel Smart Answer Administration Guide after you complete your Siebel Email Response setup.