|Bookshelf Home | Contents | Index | Search | PDF|
Siebel Analytics Installation and Configuration Guide > Installing the Siebel Analytics Cluster Server Feature >
Installing the Clustering Feature
In the Windows environment, perform the steps in the following procedures to install the Siebel Analytics Cluster Server feature.
To identify the clustering components
- Identify the computer that will host the primary Cluster Controller and optionally, which computer will host the secondary Cluster Controller. See the parameters PRIMARY_CONTROLLER and SECONDARY_CONTROLLER in NQClusterConfig.ini File Reference.
- Identify each computer that will host a clustered Siebel Analytics Server. See the parameter SERVERS in NQClusterConfig.ini File Reference.
- Identify a Domain account under which all clustered Siebel Analytics Servers and Cluster Controllers will run. This account should be a member of the local Windows Administrators group on each computer in the cluster. Do not use the LocalSystem account.
This account must have read and write access to the repository publishing directory (specified in the parameter REPOSITORY_PUBLISHING_DIRECTORY in the NQSConfig.ini file).
This account must also have the Log On as a service right. Members of the Administrators group do not have this right by default. Grant the Log on as a service right explicitly to this account on each computer, using the methods described in To grant the Log on as a service right under Windows NT and To grant the Log on as a service right under Windows 2000.
To grant the Log on as a service right under Windows NT
- Choose Start > Programs > Administrative Tools (Common) > User Manager. This opens the User Manager window.
- From the Policies menu, choose the option User Rights. This opens the User Rights Policy window.
- Select the option Show Advanced User Rights and, from the drop-down list, select the Log on as a service right. Click Add. This opens the Add Users and Groups window.
- In the List Names From drop-down list, select the domain the account is in, and then click Show Users.
- Locate the account in the list and click Add. The domain and account should be shown in the Add Names window.
- Click OK to return to the User Rights Policy window, which shows the Log on as a service right, and the domain and account in the Grant To window.
- Click OK to return to the User Manager window and close the window.
To grant the Log on as a service right under Windows 2000
- Choose Administrative Tools from the Control Panel and double-click Local Security Policy. This opens the Local Security Settings window.
- Expand the Local Policies tree in the left pane and double-click User Rights Assignment.
- Locate the Log on as a service right, double-click it to open the Local Security Policy Setting window, and click Add. This opens the Select Users, Computers, or Groups window.
- From the Look In drop-down list, select the domain that the account is in. Locate the account in the Name list, highlight it, click Add, and click OK.
- Click OK again to return to the Local Security Settings window. You should see that the Log on as a service right has been added to the account. Close this window.
To install the clustering feature
- On each computer that is to host a Siebel Analytics Cluster Controller, install the Siebel Analytics software according to the procedure in Installing Siebel Analytics Software in the Windows Environment.
In the Setup Type window, select the Custom option, and then select the Siebel Analytics Cluster feature. All other options are selected by default in this screen; you can deselect the options you do not want to install. For example, if this computer is to host a Cluster Controller only, the Cluster Controller feature is the only feature you need to install.
- On each computer that is to host a Siebel Analytics Server, install the Siebel Analytics software according to the procedure in Installing Siebel Analytics Software in the Windows Environment.
In the Setup Type window, you can select the Server option, the Complete option or the Custom option, depending on the Siebel Analytics components you want to install on that particular computer. For example, if a computer will host both a Siebel Analytics Server and a Cluster Controller, select the Custom option, and then select the Siebel Analytics Cluster feature (all other features are selected by default in this screen).
- Complete the installation, and make sure to read the readme file when prompted. Reboot the computer when prompted. Please note that, using the default configuration created by the installation process, the Cluster Controllers will fail to start. You can ignore this, because it is addressed in subsequent steps.
- Copy any required repository files to the Repository subdirectory in the Siebel Analytics software installation directory on each computer. All Siebel Analytics Servers in the cluster must have identical copies of all repository files.
- Install and configure any necessary back-end database access packages (for example, sites using SQL Server would need to configure SQL Server DSNs referenced by the repositories).
|Bookshelf Home | Contents | Index | Search | PDF|
Siebel Analytics Installation and Configuration Guide, Version 7.5, Rev. C
Published: 18 April 2003