Oracle® Business Intelligence Infrastructure Upgrade Guide > After Upgrading to the New Oracle BI Infrastructure >
Changes After Upgrade from Siebel Business Analytics to Oracle BI Infrastructure
After you upgrade to Oracle BI 10.1.3.2, you will see the following changes:
- In Oracle BI 10.1.3.2, the installed folder structure is changed. All the existing directories and files are backed up from $OracleBI_HOME, the root install directory and $OracleBIData_HOME data directory to $OracleBI_HOME/Install_Backup/backupAnalytics.
- For Microsoft Windows, the entire HKLM/SOFTWARE/Siebel Systems, Inc./Siebel Analytics registry key is exported to $OracleBI_HOME/Install_Backup/<InstallTime>/SiebelAnalytics.reg and deleted. In Oracle BI 10.1.3.2, the registry dependency has been removed on Windows. The Oracle BI Infrastructure uses System variables to define the SAROOT, SADATA, and SATEMP folders.
- Siebel Analytics services are removed, and the following Oracle BI Services are installed: Oracle BI Presentation Server, Oracle BI Scheduler Server, Oracle BI Cluster Controller and Oracle BI Java Host.
- Oracle BI 10.1.3.2 is installed to existing $OracleBI_HOME and $OracleBIData_HOME directories.
- If $OracleBI_HOME/Config/DBFeatures.INI exists, it is migrated to $OracleBI_HOME/server/Config/DBFeatures.INI.78.
- If $OracleBI_HOME/Config/NQClusterConfig.INI exists, it is migrated to $OracleBI_HOME/server/Config/NQClusterConfig.INI.78.
- If $OracleBI_HOME/Config/NQSConfig.INI exists, it is migrated to $OracleBI_HOME/server/Config/NQSConfig.INI.78.
- All $OracleBI_HOME/Repository/*.rpd files are copied from the old Repository to $OracleBI_HOME/server/Repository. If demo1.rpd exists, it is copied to server/Repository/demo1.rpd.78. If ORA_northwind.rpd exists, it is copied to server/Repository/ORA_northwind.rpd.7.
- If $OracleBI_HOME/setup/odbc.ini exists, it is migrated to $OracleBI_HOME/setup/odbc.ini.78.
- If $OracleBI_HOME/setup/user.sh exists, it is migrated to $OracleBI_HOME/setup/user.sh.78.
- If $OracleBIData_HOME/web/config/instanceconfig.xml exists, it is migrated to $OracleBIData_HOME/web/config/instanceconfig.xml.78.
- All $OracleBIData_HOME/web/catalog/*.webcat files are copied to $OracleBIData_HOME/web/catalog. You must migrate the webcat to Oracle BI Infrastructure webcat using sawmigrate utility after the upgrade is complete. The upgrade does not migrate the Web Catalog. For information about using sawmigrate, see Upgrading the Siebel Analytics Web Catalog to Oracle BI Presentation Catalog. You must also reapply style sheets. See Reapplying Customized Style Sheets.
- If the $OracleBIData_HOME/web/Res directory is not empty, the contents is copied to $OracleBIData_HOME/web/res
- If the $OracleBIData_HOME/Disconnected directory is not empty, the contents is copied to $OracleBIData_HOME/disconnected
- If the $OracleBIData_HOME/web/catalog/Deliveries directory is not empty, the contents are copied to the new Oracle BI Infrastructure directory $OracleBIData_HOME/web/catalog/deliveries.
This deliveries directory is used only by the sawmigrate utility. After sawmigrate is done, the 10.1.3.2 deliveries content will be in the catalog directory tree itself, and then the copied directory can be deleted.
- Usage Tracking schemas contain new columns that require updating of the physical schemas. See Upgrading Usage Tracking Schemas for details.