Oracle® Business Intelligence Answers, Delivers, and Interactive Dashboards User Guide > Using Oracle BI Delivers >
Viewing, Modifying, Subscribing to and Customizing Oracle BI Delivers iBots
This section contains the following topics:
For an overview of Oracle BI Delivers, see Overview of Oracle BI Delivers.
Viewing and modifying the Oracle BI Delivers iBots Acting on Your Behalf
You can view the iBots that you own or are a recipient of by clicking the Show iBots Acting on My Behalf link on the Delivers Start page, or by navigating folders in the selection pane. You can also view more information about an iBot and modify its properties.
NOTE: You can also search for iBots by entering a search string in the Search field and clicking the Search button. Delivers displays the search results in the workspace where you can subsequently view or modify iBot properties. For more information, see To search for iBots.
To view the iBots acting on your behalf
- Navigate to Oracle BI Delivers and click the Show iBots Acting on My Behalf link.
A summary list appears in the workspace, displaying details of the iBots you own or are a recipient of. For more information, see Creating and Managing iBots Using the Oracle BI Delivers Start Page.
- Navigate to Oracle BI Delivers and click a folder under My iBots or Shared iBots in the selection pane at the Oracle BI Delivers start page.
A list of iBots appears in the workspace, showing your iBot subscription list for the selected folder. You can subscribe or unsubscribe to shared iBots using the links displayed in the list for the Shared iBots folder (for more information, see Subscribing to Oracle BI Delivers iBots).
To view more information about an iBot from a list of iBots
- Click the name of the iBot.
Information about the iBot appears in a new window. The Overview tab shows summary information for the iBot.
- To see more detailed information about the iBot, click the appropriate link in the Overview tab, or click any other tab.
Subscribing to Oracle BI Delivers iBots
You can subscribe to or unsubscribe to iBots that are available for subscription. Each iBot that is available for you to subscribe to (but is currently unsubscribed), displays a Subscribe link, and each iBot that you are subscribed to displays a Remove Subscription link.
To change your current iBot subscriptions
- To subscribe to an iBot, click the link Subscribe.
A Remove Subscription link appears below the iBot and the icon changes (it displays a tick symbol), indicating that you are subscribed to it.
- To remove a subscription from an iBot, click the link Remove Subscription.
The Subscribe link appears below the iBot and the icon changes (the tick symbol disappears), indicating that you are no longer subscribed to the iBot.
Customizing Your Oracle BI Delivers iBot Subscriptions
You can customize prompted filter values for columns, for a specific iBot subscription.
NOTE: This option is only available if the Allow subscribers to customize iBots option is selected in the Recipients tab. For more information, see To allow subscribers to customize the iBot.
To customize an iBot subscription
- Click the link Customize Subscription.
The Customize iBot page appears, where you can modify the filter values for columns that can be customized for this iBot subscription.
- Click Customize to select the column that you want to modify.
- Click the Modify button to display the Create/Edit Filter value dialog.
This dialog enables you to modify values for a column filter as follows:
- Select an operator from the Operator drop-down list.
- Click the Add button and select (from the drop-down list) an option to compare with the column as follows:
Value - Enables you to enter a value.
SQL Expression - Enables you to enter a SQL expression.
Variable (Session, Repository, or Presentation) - Enables you to enter a variable.
- Click the Clear Values button to remove any existing values.
- Select a value from the Match drop-down list, and enter an appropriate value in the adjacent field.
- Click All Choices link to display links for each available column value.
For example, if the column is Region and you click the All Choices link, links for every region are displayed. You could then select an alternative region.
- Click OK.
The Customize iBot page appears, where you can continue to modify filter values for a column, for the iBot subscription.
- Click Save to apply your changes.
NOTE: The customized filter values that you set in the previous steps are not automatically displayed in iBot results. For more information, see To display customized filter values in iBot results.
To display customized filter values in iBot results
To display customized filter values in iBot results, you must do the following:
- Start Oracle BI Answers and locate the report that is being customized.
- Display the Results tab in Oracle BI Answers.
- Click the Add View button.
- Select the Filters option from the drop-down list.
- Save the report.
The report will now display the customized filter values in iBot results. For more information, see the Oracle BI Answers Help system