Enhance Personal Productivity
Many Oracle WebCenter services are specifically designed to work with standard personal productivity tools, offering functionality focused at the individual rather than the group. These services include:
- Mail service: Exposes e-mails from any IMAP-compliant
mail server and enables users to perform basic e-mail interactions,
such as view, read, create, and delete messages, send attachments, and
reply to or forward an existing e-mail.
- Notes service: Enables users to track and manage
simple personal notes by providing a means of "jotting down" and retaining
quick bits of personal information. The Notes service exposes its features
in the Notes panel in the WebCenter Spaces application Sidebar, as well
as in the Notes task flow.
- Recent Activities service: Enables users to quickly view the most recent documents, discussions, and announcements in one location.
- RSS (Really Simple Syndication) service: Exposes the content of many different Web sites in a news feed, and provides an RSS feed for others to consume as well.
- Search service: Helps users locate data and documents that are stored anywhere within the enterprise. Oracle Secure Enterprise Search (SES) is integrated with this service.
- Worklist service: Surfaces business processes in the context of the current business scenario and enables users to view and take action on all tasks and notifications from a central place.
- Documents, Events, Links, Lists, Tags, Oracle WebCenter Analytics,
and Oracle WebCenter Ensemble services: See Expand
with Shared Services.