- Start the Configuration Wizard in graphical mode.
- On Windows:
StartProgramsBEA ProductsToolsConfiguration Wizard
- On UNIX:
Go to the
/common/bin subdirectory of the product installation directory. For example:
- In the Welcome window, select Create a new WebLogic domain and click Next.
- In the Select a Domain Source window:
- Select Generate a domain configured automatically to support the following BEA products.
- Select the Service Bus check box.
Note that the WebLogic Server check box is selected by default since it is a prerequisite for all WebLogic domains.
- Click Next.
- In the Configure Administrator Username and Password window, enter a valid username and password, and click Next. This username is used to boot the Administration Server and connect to it.
- In the Configure Server Start Mode and JDK window, specify whether to start the server in development mode or production mode, and select which JDK to use. For more information, see Specify the Server Start Mode and JDK. Click Next.
- In the Customize Environment and Services Settings window, indicate whether you want to change the distribution of your domain across servers, clusters, and machines, or to modify existing JDBC and JMS file store services.
The JMS Reporting Provider in the Service Bus template is preconfigured to use the PointBase database provided with your installation. In this example, we want to select a different database. Select Yes and click Next.
- In the Configure the Administration Server window, define the configuration information for the Administration Server, including:
- Administration Server name
- Listen address
- Nonsecure and secure (optional) listen ports
Servers can be reached through the following URL:
For more information, see Configure the Administration Server.
In this example, you can either accept the default values, or enter configuration information specific to your Administration Server.
Click Next to proceed to the Configure Managed Servers window.
- In the Configure Managed Servers window, define the configuration information for one or more Managed Servers. For this example, you do not need to add Managed Servers.
Click Next to proceed to the Configure Machines window.
- In the Configure Machines window, define the configuration information for the Windows and UNIX machines in the domain. If you intend to use Node Manager, you must create a machine configuration for each product installation that runs a Node Manager process. For this example, you do not need to configure a machine.
Click Next to proceed to the Configure JDBC Data Sources window.
- In the Configure JDBC Data Sources window, you can modify the configuration information for data sources defined in the template. You can also test the connections to your database.
The JMS Reporting Provider data source (
wlsbjmsrpDataSource) is preconfigured to use the PointBase database. To use an alternate database, make the following edits in this window:
- In the Database type field, select a supported database, such as Oracle, MS SQL, Sybase, or DB2.
- In the Driver field, select a supported non-XA driver.
- Select the Supports global transactions and Logging last resource options.
- Complete the remaining required fields as appropriate for your database.
When you have completed all the required fields in this window, click Test Connections to display the Test Data Source Connections window.
- In the Test Data Source Connections window, you can test the connection to the database for each of the data sources defined in your domain, using the JDBC URL defined for the database.
||Make sure that the database to which you want to test the connection is running.
To test the connection from the
wlsbjmsrpDataSource data source to the database you specified, click Test. Verify that the test was successful, then click OK to return to the Configure JDBC Data Sources window.
Click Next to proceed to the Run Database Scripts window.
- In the Run Database Scripts window, you set up the database content for each of the data sources defined in your domain using pre-existing SQL or database loading files.
If you selected Development for the server start mode in Step 5, the database tables are created automatically when the JMS Reporting Provider is deployed.
If you selected Production for the server start mode in Step 5, you must execute the database scripts to create the JMS Reporting Provider tables, as described below. To do so:
- In the Available JDBC Data Sources pane, select
- Select the database version from the DB Version drop-down menu.
- Click Run Scripts.
To confirm that the tables were created successfully, review the results in the Results pane.
- Click Next.
- In the Configure JMS File Store window, you can modify JMS file stores that are configured in your domain.
In this example, you do not need to modify the JMS file store definition.
- In the Review WebLogic Domain window, review the detailed configuration settings of your domain before the Configuration Wizard creates the domain.
The Domain Summary pane shows the Deployment view by default. By selecting different options from the Summary View drop-down list, you can see different views of the domain summary, for example, the Cluster view.
Select an item in the Domain Summary pane on the left and review the associated details in the Details pane on the right. You can make limited adjustments by clicking Previous to return to a prior window.
After reviewing the contents of your domain, click Next to go to the Create WebLogic Domain window.
- In the Create WebLogic Domain window, enter a name for the domain and specify a location for the domain directory.
For example, you may want to name this
By default, the domain is created in
BEA_HOME is the directory that contains the product installation, and
domain is the domain name that you specify (
servicebus_domain in this example). Click Create.
- In the Creating Domain window, once the domain has been created, do one of the following:
- If you are creating the domain on a Windows system and you want to start the server immediately, select the Start Admin Server check box and click Done.
- Click Done.