Siebel Anywhere Administration Guide > Planning and Preparing to Use Siebel Anywhere > Preparing Upgrade Kit Contents >
Preparing Contents for a Siebel Client Executables Upgrade Kit
You can use the Siebel Client Executables components to deliver Siebel maintenance releases and Siebel language packs to Siebel Mobile or Developer Web Clients. Typically, the maintenance releases you can deliver with these components are Siebel Fix Pack releases. Other types of maintenance releases might also apply in some cases.
This topic is part of Preparing Upgrade Kit Contents.
NOTE: For Siebel Quick Fix releases, see Preparing Contents for a Siebel Quick Fix Upgrade Kit.
Siebel maintenance releases consist of a set of language-independent files (called base files) and one or more sets of language-specific files. The following components are available:
- Upgrade kits using the Siebel Client Executables component are used to distribute base files. Language-specific files can also be included in this upgrade kit, along with the base files. You can use this component for standard installation or delta installation upgrade kits.
- Upgrade kits using the Siebel Client Executables__language-code components are optionally used to distribute language-specific files. You can use these components only for delta installation upgrade kits.
For more information about delta installation upgrade kits, see About Reducing the Size of Siebel Client Executables Upgrade Kits and Roadmap for Creating a Delta Installation Siebel Client Executables Upgrade Kit.
The following procedures describe how to prepare files for inclusion in base client executables upgrade kits.
To prepare files for inclusion in Siebel Client Executables upgrade kits (for standard installation upgrade kits)
- Create a new, network-accessible UNC directory to use for storing the base client executable files in the Siebel maintenance release.
An example name for this directory might be
- Navigate to the parent directory, within the network image file hierarchy, of the Siebel client directory for the Siebel maintenance release. Navigate to a directory like the following:
- Copy the
Siebel_Web_Client directory to the clipboard.
- Paste the directory that you copied in Step 3 to the directory that you created in Step 1.