Siebel Application Deployment Manager Guide > Creating a Siebel ADM Package >
Process of Creating Siebel ADM Deployment Units from Database Types
Creating Siebel Application Deployment Manager (ADM) deployment units from database types requires accessing the source Siebel application ADM GUI screens.
From the screens in the ADM GUI, you create an ADM deployment project, which contains one or more of the ADM data types. At this point, the ADM data types can contain relationships and be filtered for specific data. The project is then exported to file by creating a deployment session. The exported file serves as the deployment unit for the ADM database types.
To create deployment units from one or more ADM database types, perform the following tasks:
- If necessary, Creating ADM Data Type Relationships.
- Creating ADM Deployment Projects.
- Creating ADM Deployment Filters.
- Enabling the ADM Deployment Project.
- Creating ADM Deployment Sessions.
- Deploying the ADM session to a file by using the ADM GUI or the Server Manager (srvrmgr) command-line interface.
For information on these tasks, see:
- Creating ADM Deployment Units from Database Types Directly from the Command-Line Interface.
You can optionally create ADM database deployment units directly, bypassing the ADM GUI and using the Server Manager command-line interface.
For information on creating deployment units for repository or file types, see: