Siebel Applications Administration Guide > Signature Capture >
Extending the Siebel Database for a Signature Capture Control
Before you can implement a signature capture control, you must extend the Siebel database to create a field in which to store the signature data.
This task is a step in Roadmap for Implementing Signature Capture.
To extend the Siebel database
- In Siebel Tools, open the project in which you want to implement the signature capture control.
- Select the table that supports the business component to which you want to add the signature capture control.
- Add an extension column of type LONG to the table.
For more information about how to add a LONG column, see Configuring Siebel Business Applications.
- To apply the new column, click the Apply/DDL button in the Object List Editor.
- To activate the new column, click the Activate button.
For more information about how to apply and activate database extensions, see Configuring Siebel Business Applications.
- Create a new field in the business component that is supported by the table that you selected in Step 2.
For example, create a field called AA Signature.
- Map the field to the column that you added in Step 3.