Siebel Applications Administration Guide > Global Target List Management > About Configuring Target Lists >
Enabling Saving of Target Lists in an Applet
You can configure list applets so that target lists can be saved from them.
In order for a list applet to be configurable, the business component on which the applet is based must contain an ID field for the party entity that you want to save to the list.
To enable target list saving for a list applet
- In Siebel Tools, create a user property for the applet called Save Target List Source n, where n is a consecutive integer starting from 1.
For example, the first user property that you create for the applet is named Save Target List Source 1, the second is named Save Target List Source 2, and so on.
- Find or create the list column for the party entity that you want to save:
- On the applet's business component, locate the ID field of the party entity.
- If the applet does not have a list column that maps to that ID field, create the list column.
- Enter a value for the user property of the following form:
"List Column", "Saved Entity Name", "PrimaryOnly", "Extra Src Field 1", "Extra Dst Field 1", "Extra Src Field 2", "Extra Dst Field 2"
- List Column is the name of a list column identified in Step 2. The Field value for this list column is the source business component field for the target list. This field must be an ID field.
The Display Name value for this list column is used in the Based On drop-down list in the Save to List dialog box. See Figure 12. (Required)
- Saved Entity Name is the content of target list that you are saving (for example, Contact, Employee, Account, Position, or Prospect). (Required)
- PrimaryOnly saves only the primary record of the multi-value group to the target list when the list column corresponds to a multi-value ID field. If this term is not specified or empty, then all records in the multi-value group are saved to the target list. This term is required only if the list column or the additional source field corresponds to a multi-value field.
- Extra Src Field 1 is the name of an additional source field to save to the target list.(Optional)
- Extra Dst Field 1 is the destination field name for Extra Src Field 1. This field must exist in the list member's applet and corresponding business component so that it can be seen in the List Management screen. This term is required only if Extra Src Field 1 is specified.
- Extra Src Field 2 is the name of an additional source field to save to the target list.(Optional)
- Extra Dst Field 2 is the destination field name for Extra Src Field 2. This term is required only if Extra Src Field 2 is specified.
For example, these properties applied to the SIS Account List Applet:
- Save Target List Source 1 = "SLM Position - Primary", "Position", "PrimaryOnly"
Saves the primary team member on the accounts.
- Save Target List Source 2 = "SLM Contact", "Contact", " ", "Main Phone Number", "Acct Phone Number"
Saves all contacts and the main phone number of the account with each contact.
NOTE: For this example, the destination list member business component (SLM List Member - Contact) must have a field that can store the account phone number.
- Repeat Step 1 and Step 3 to create a user property for each type of list that you want users to be able to create in that applet.
Figure 12 shows the Save to List Dialog Box for the SIS Account List Applet.
Figure 12. Save to List Dialog Box for the SIS Account List Applet