Siebel Field Service Guide > Agreements and Entitlements > Roadmap for Administering Agreements >
Creating Agreements from Orders and Quotes
When a user clicks the Auto Contract button from either a quote or an order, the created agreement contains a large amount of information from the original record. This data is copied from the quote or order to the new agreement.
The process for copying information from orders and quotes to agreements uses signals and data maps. For more information about signals and data maps, see Siebel Order Management Infrastructure Guide.
This task is a step in Roadmap for Administering Agreements.
Process Flow for Data Copying
Data mapping and signals work together to call the ISS Copy business service to the copy the appropriate data. For more information about this business service, see ISS Copy Service Business Service.
A description of this copy process follows:
- An administrator makes sure that the signals are set up appropriately.
- An administrator defines a data map. This definition is stored in the Siebel database.
- A user makes a request (for example, by clicking the Revise button). The request initiates a signal (for example, ReviseCopyAgreement) that launches the ISS Copy Service business service.
- The ISS Copy Service business service retrieves the variable map definition, either from the Siebel database or from the cache.
- The ISS Copy Service business service issues the required queries and business service calls to construct a property set.
- The controller workflow calls the Copy method for ISS Copy Service business service and passes the ReviseAgreement data map as a parameter.
- The ISS Copy Service business service writes the updated field values back to the Siebel database.
Viewing Signals that Control Data Copying
Every interaction between order management and agreement components occurs through an application programming interface (API) invocation. These API invocations are signals. A signal is a request to perform a business function.
You can configure or redirect signals. A signal action property specifies the business service or workflow to call when the signal is raised. Signal action parameters are the input arguments that signal action workflows or business service methods. You can configure these input arguments. You can define the business service methods and workflows using the Signals view of the Administration - Order Management screen.
To view the signals that control the data copying
- Navigate to the Administration - Order Management screen, then the Signals view.
- In the Signals list, select the following signal names:
- AutoAgreeFromOrder. This signal is called when a user clicks Auto Contract in the Agreements view in the List view of the Service Orders screen. The current order is copied to an agreement using the ISS Copy Service business service.
- AutoAgreement. This signal is called when a user clicks Auto Contract in the Quotes screen. The current quote is copied to an agreement using the ISS Copy Service business service.
- ReviseCopyAgreement. This signal is called when a user clicks Revise in the form in the Line Items view of the Agreements screen. The agreement record and the fields in the agreement are copied, and then the original agreement object is locked.
- In the Versions list, drill down on the latest workspace for each of the above signals.
The Actions view appears.
- Note the following information in the Actions list:
- The Sequence field shows the order of the calls to the business services.
- The Service Name field shows the names of the workflows that the signal calls.
- (Optional) If you want to change the sequence of calls by adding additional signal actions, then complete the required changes in the Actions list.
Viewing Data Maps for Copying Data
Data maps align the fields from the source object to the destination object. The MapName process maps the fields copied between objects.
AutoAgreeFromOrder and AutoAgreement data maps map the quote and order data to the agreement when the ISS Copy business service is called. These data maps are passed into the business service as a parameter. You can extend these data maps if you must pass more data from the quote or order to the agreement.
Alternatively, if users want to create an order or quote from an agreement, then administrators can create a new signal to call the ISS Copy business service, and map between the agreement and the quote or order. For example, complete this process to create a quote for a renewal. Then call the signal from the Renewal button to automatically create the quote or order.
To view the data maps for copying data
- Navigate to the Administration - Application screen, then the Data Map Administration view.
- In the Data Map Object list, select the following data maps:
- AutoAgreeFromOrder. This data map maps order data to the agreement.
- AutoAgreement. This data map maps quote data to the agreement.
- Note the following information in the Data Map Component list:
- (Optional) If you want to change the mapping, then select the new source and destination business components in the Data Map Component list.