Siebel Loyalty Administration Guide > Working with Siebel Loyalty Program Members > About Using Loyalty Member Services >
Transferring Points Between Loyalty Members
You can create a transaction to transfer points from one member to another. This type of action requires approval. The transferred points retain the same point type and expiration date as when they resided in the original account. You cannot cancel this kind of transaction; if the transfer was made in error, then you must create another transaction to transfer the points back.
The following guidelines apply to point transfers:
- A point transfer does not affect the point block that the points came from. When a transfer occurs, those points already belong to the donor member and therefore have already been deducted from a point block.
- You can only transfer available points, not qualifying points. In other words, you cannot use point transfers to move members up or down tiers.
- You cannot cancel a point transfer. If you transferred points by mistake, then you must transfer the points back in a separate transaction.
- Points can only be transferred between members who have the same membership type and belong to the same program.
To transfer points from one member to another
- Navigate to the Loyalty Members screen.
- Click View, Action Pane, Tasks to view the Task user interface.
- In the Members list, highlight the Member.
- In the Tasks list, click LOY Member Points Transfer.
- Select Point Type.
- Select the Transferee Member.
- In the Points field, enter the quantity of points to be transferred. Then click Next.
- In the Price list, select the payment type and click Next.
- To override the calculated price, select Override Price and select an Override reason code.
- Click Next.
- Confirm the price and enter credit card details.
- Click Next.
- Review Order Summary and then click Next.
- Review Order Confirmation and click Next.
- Review Transaction Details and then click Finish.