Siebel Order Management Guide > Setting Up Product Recommendations > Unified Messaging Service and Product Recommendations >
Customizing Duplicate Message Suppression for Product Recommendations
Without configuration, the Unified Messaging Service suppresses the following duplicate product recommendations:
- Upsell recommendations will never be shown to the same account or contact after they have been rejected
- Cross-sell recommendation will never be shown in the same quote or order after they have been rejected. However, if the customer places a new quote or order and picks the same product, then the cross-sell messages that have been rejected in earlier quotes or orders are displayed.
You can edit the message type responses definition to:
- Suppress recommendations after they have been accepted.
- Alter the scope of suppression.
- Disable suppression completely.
NOTE: Duplicate suppression works only if logging is enabled.
For more information about working with the Unified Messaging Service, see Siebel Order Management Infrastructure Guide.