Siebel Order Management Guide Addendum for Communications > Workflows for Employee Asset-Based Ordering > Workflows to Disconnect a Service Item >
SIS OM Disconnect Products & Services Process
This workflow identifies an active document (quote or order) for the current account. Then it generates a line item to disconnect the selected asset and displays the document detail view. This workflow also validates due date changes. Figure 24 shows this workflow.
A user initiates this workflow by clicking the Disconnect button in the following views:
- Accounts screen, Service Items view
- Accounts screen, Account Summary view
- Networks screen, Nodes view
- Networks screen, Connections view
- Networks screen, All Elements view
Figure 24. SIS OM Disconnect Products & Services Process Workflow
Workflow Description. This workflow performs the following actions:
- Gets the details of the current account.
- Retrieves the active document (quote or order) for the session.
If the account is of type Residential, then the active order is retrieved. Otherwise, the active quote is retrieved.
- Checks whether or not the Enable AIA Comms system preference is set to TRUE.
- If the Enable AIA Comms system preference is set to TRUE, then a pop-up window appears in which the user is prompted to select a date. Depending on whether the document type is Quote or Order, one of the following actions occurs:
- If the document type is Quote, then the quote header due date is updated with the date selected in the pop-up window.
- If the document type is Order, then the order header due date is updated with the date selected in the pop-up window.
- Allows the user to disconnect the asset.
The workflow gets the asset's current state and then creates quote line items to disconnect the asset in that state. See SIS OM Disconnect Asset Sub-Process.
NOTE: When deleting a network node, the process will automatically delete all associated network connections. If this is not desirable behavior, then change the value of the Delete Connection argument to N.
- Displays the active document.
Table 36 shows the steps in this workflow that call business service methods.
Table 36. Associated Business Service Methods
Business Service Method Called
Iterate Process For Selected Rows
Go to Document Details View