Siebel Installation Guide for UNIX > Installing the Siebel Database on the RDBMS >
Importing a Siebel Repository Manually into the Siebel Database
Installing the Siebel database as described in Installing the Siebel Database automatically imports the Siebel Repository for the primary language (only). For each nonprimary language in a multilingual deployment, a separate step to manually import the Siebel Repository is needed.
The content in this topic is provided for customers with multilingual deployments or who have some reason to manually import a Siebel Repository.
You can import the Siebel Repository using the Database Configuration Wizard. This task populates the Siebel Repository tables in the Siebel database with new object definitions. You import the Siebel Repository separately for each nonprimary language in a multilingual deployment. This task does not apply to the Siebel Repository for the primary language.
Regardless of how many of the Siebel Business Applications that you are using (for example, Siebel Call Center, Siebel Sales, Siebel Service, and Siebel Marketing), you load the Siebel Repository tables only once for each language.
NOTE: When you import data into the Siebel Repository tables, a commit is performed once for each table into which Siebel Repository data is imported. Alternatively, the commit frequency can be set to a specified number of rows by including the command-line option
num_rows_per_commit when the repimexp.exe utility is invoked.
Some steps in the procedure in this topic pertain to the task of adding a language to an existing Siebel Repository, also using the Database Configuration Wizard. By adding a new language to a Siebel Repository, you populate rows of localized user interface strings for Siebel Repository objects, which allows Siebel Business Applications to display the UI in the new language.
In order to add a new language to an existing Siebel Repository, you must have installed its Siebel language pack on the Siebel Server using the Siebel Enterprise Server installer. Also, you must have added the language to the Siebel database. For more information, see Installing the Siebel Database and About Installing and Deploying Siebel Business Applications with Multiple Languages.
To import the Siebel Repository
- Start the Database Configuration Wizard, as described in Installing the Siebel Database. Respond to the wizard prompts in the same way that you did for that procedure, up to the Siebel Database Operation screen.
- On the Siebel Database Operation screen, select Import/Export Repository, and click Next.
- On the Select Repository Operation screen, choose one of the following options:
Import Repository. This option imports the Siebel Repository for the first time with a primary (base) language. Click Next and go to the next step. This task does not apply if you are importing repository data into an existing Siebel Repository for any nonprimary language.
Add Language to an Existing Repository. This option adds a new language to your existing Siebel Repository (imports Siebel Repository data for that language). Click Next and go to Step 6.
Export Repository. This option exports the Siebel Repository data into a platform-independent file that can be sent to Oracle Global Customer Support for analysis, if needed. This task is not described in this book. For more information, see Using Siebel Tools and other documentation.
- On the Import Selection screen, specify that you want to import the standard Siebel 8.x repository, and click Next.
- On the Language Selection screen, specify the language. For an import Siebel Repository operation, this is the primary language (base language), the first language installed in Installing the Siebel Database. For an Add Language operation, this is the language that you want to add to the Repository.
The languages listed in this screen are those for which you previously installed Siebel language packs on the Siebel Server.
- On the ODBC Data Source Name screen, indicate the name for the ODBC data source, such as
sieb81_DSN, and click Next.
For more information about the ODBC data source, see Planning RDBMS Installation and Configuration.
- On the Database User Name screen, indicate the following about your database, and click Next:
Database User Name. Type the user name of the Siebel administrator, for example,
sadmin for Oracle Database and IBM DB2.
Database Password. Type the password for the Siebel administrator.
Database Password (confirm). Retype the password to confirm it.
- On the Database Table Owner screen, indicate the following about your database, and click Next:
Database Table Owner. The Siebel database table owner, or the account that will own the Siebel objects.
Database Table Owner Password. Type the Siebel database table owner password.
Database Table Owner Password (confirm). Retype the password to confirm it.
- On the Import Repository Name screen, type the following values, and click Next:
Import Repository Name. Accept the default name (Siebel Repository) or type another valid name.
Repository File Name/Localized Repository File Name. If you are importing your Siebel Repository for the first time, then this field is named Repository File Name. If you are adding a language to an existing Siebel Repository, then this field is named Localized Repository File Name. Accept the default installation path and file name for this Siebel Repository, or type another valid installation path.
For Oracle Database, go to the next step. For IBM DB2, go to Step 11.
- (Oracle Database only) In the Oracle Parallel Index screen, specify the appropriate environment for your installation, and click Next:
- I am not running with Parallel Indexing On
- I am running with Parallel Indexing On
If you have a single-CPU environment, then choose the first option. If you have a multiple-CPU environment, then choose the first or second option, depending on whether you are running your Oracle Database with parallel indexing on.
- In the Log Output Directory screen, accept the default log directory, or enter a new directory name, and click OK.
By default, logging occurs in the
/output directory. In this path, operation corresponds to the operation that you are performing, such as imprep for Import Repository or imprep_lang for Add Language to an Existing Repository.
The Configuration Parameter Review screen appears.
- Review the configuration values that you entered on the previous Configuration Wizard screens:
- If you want to change any values, then click Previous or Next to access the screens on which to change entries, and then to return to this screen.
- When you have verified the configuration values, click Finish. A message box appears with the prompt:
To apply the configuration now, press OK.
To apply the configuration later, press Cancel.
The command line to apply the configuration later is
SIEBEL_ROOT/siebsrvr/bin/srvrupgwiz /m master_
For this procedure, operation is either imprep or imprep_lang.
The Siebel Upgrade Wizard appears, displaying the items to be executed or imported.
NOTE: If a program or system error occurs and you have to rerun the Siebel Upgrade Wizard, then you can do so starting at the point at which the wizard failed. For more information, see Siebel Database Upgrade Guide.
- To begin, click OK.
A window appears, displaying information about Siebel Upgrade Wizard repository import activities. The Upgrade Wizard displays a message when the operation is complete.