Siebel Installation Guide for UNIX > Requirements for Installing and Configuring Siebel Business Applications >
Requirements for Installing Siebel Tools
Before you install Siebel Tools, check the following requirements:
- Your Siebel Tools platform must meet the requirements defined in the Certifications application on My Oracle Support.
- You must have all of the third-party software required for your implementation installed, including the database connectivity software for your chosen RDBMS. See the Certifications application on My Oracle Support.
- You must have installed and configured the Siebel Enterprise Server software, as described in Installing Siebel Enterprise Server Components and the Siebel Web Server Extension and Configuring Siebel Enterprise Server Components and the Siebel Web Server Extension.
- You must have created the Siebel database and installed the Siebel schema and seed data, as described in Configuring the RDBMS and Installing the Siebel Database on the RDBMS. This database stores the Siebel Tools project repositories.
A local database can also be initialized for each developer user, as applicable. For more information, see Configuring Siebel Business Applications and Using Siebel Tools.
NOTE: Siebel Tools can also access demonstration data in the Siebel Sample Database, which you can install with the Siebel Mobile Web Client. For more information, see Installing and Using the Siebel Sample Database and related topics.
- The sort order for the Siebel database for development environments must be set to binary. If it is set otherwise, then you cannot compile or merge repositories.
- Administrative rights are required for installation or uninstallation of Siebel Tools. For information about setting administration rights, consult the operating system manuals for the version of Microsoft Windows on which you are installing the Siebel Web Client software.