Siebel Store-and-Forward Messaging Guide for Mobile Web Client > Installation and Configuration of Siebel Store-and-Forward Messaging > Process of Installing Siebel Store-and-Forward Messaging >
Configuring the Data Message Timeout Parameter for Store-and-Forward Messaging
To make sure server outbound data messages are delivered in a timely manner, Siebel Store-and-Forward Messaging allows you to specify the following message timeout parameter:
- Message Delivery Timeout. This parameter determines the amount of time, in seconds, allowed for a given outbound data message to be delivered before it is timed out.
You configure the Message Delivery Timeout Parameter to indicate the timeout period of each message object. The default value is zero, meaning that the messages do not time out. You must change this value if you want to specify a timeout period for your dispatched messages.
The timeout length can be field-value dependent, for example, different activity messages can have different timeouts based on the value entered into the activity priority field. A message is removed from the user's server outbound queue if it is not delivered within the defined time period. Also, the related activity record's status is changed to Dispatch Failed when the system is unable to successfully transmit the message to a device.
The value set for this parameter is in seconds.
To set up the message delivery timeout parameter
- Navigate to Administration - Siebel Remote > Store-and-Forward Administration.
- In the Integration Objects list, select one of the following:
- If you are using Store-and-Forward messaging to deliver Activity messages, select Real Time Sync Activity.
- If you are using Store-and-Forward messaging to deliver other types of messages, select the applicable integration object for your data.
- In the Timeout Admin list, click New to create a new record, and complete the following steps:
- In the Type field, enter Message Delivery Timeout.
- If you want the timeout period to vary depending on the value of a certain field (such as the Priority field), then enter the field name in the Field field; otherwise, leave the Field field empty.
- In the Default Time field, enter the number of seconds that must pass before an undelivered message times out.
The Default Time value is used only if you do not specify separate timeouts for specific values in a specific field.
- If you specified a value for the Field field in Step 3, then click New in the Field Values and Timeout list, and complete the following steps:
- Verify that the Field field displays the name of the field that you want Store-and-Forward messaging to use to determine timeout values, such as the Priority field.
- In the Values field, enter a typical value for the selected field.
For a Priority field, typical values might be 1-ASAP, 2-High, 3-Medium, and 4-Low.
- In the Time field, enter the number of seconds that must pass before an undelivered message with the specified Value times out.
For example, you might specify that activities with Priority set to 1-ASAP time out after 600 seconds (10 minutes).
Repeat this step as needed to specify an appropriate timeout period for each typical value.