Configuring Siebel Open UI > Customizing Styles, Applets, and Fields > Customizing Client Logo, Background, and Style >
Customizing Browser Tab Labels
Siebel Open UI uses the view Title that you define in Siebel Tools to set the Browser tab label. If this Title is not defined, then Siebel Open UI displays the Id of the current record as the label. For example, it might display 2-HB474 as the Browser tab label:
This topic describes how to customize Siebel Open UI so that it displays the view Title as the label.
To customize Browser tab labels
- Open Siebel Tools.
For more information, see Using Siebel Tools.
- In the Object Explorer, click View.
- In the Views list, query the Name property for the view that you must modify.
- Enter a value in the Title property or the Title - String Override property.
For more information about setting these properties, see Configuring Siebel Business Applications.
- Compile your modifications.
- Test your modifications:
- Log in to the Siebel Open UI client.
- Navigate to the view you located in Step 3.
- Verify that the Browser tab label displays the value you entered in Step 4.
- Locate the following code:
Siebel Open UI uses this code to get the browser tab label from the SRF. GetTitle returns the value of the Title property that you define in Siebel Tools. You can configure Siebel Open UI to override this value.
- Override the value that Siebel Open UI gets from the SRF. Replace the code you located in Step 3 with the following code:
- Test your modifications.