Configuring Siebel Open UI > Overview of Siebel Open UI >
About Siebel Open UI
This topic describes Siebel Open UI. It includes the following information:
Overview of Siebel Open UI
Siebel Open UI can run any Siebel business application on any Web browser that is compliant with the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) standards. It can display data in Web browsers that support Web standards on various operating systems, such as Windows, Mac OS, or Linux. For example:
- Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Apple Safari
- Data and metadata that determines HTML content
- Cascading Style Sheet configurations that determine styling and layout
You can modify each of these items separately and independently of each other. For example, you can configure Siebel Open UI to hide some of the objects that it displays on a Siebel screen when it displays Siebel CRM data in a list or form on the smaller footprint of a mobile device. Hiding these objects, such as menus or tabs, can help to optimize mobile screen usage. Siebel Open UI can use swipe and zoom features that are native on a tablet for the same user interface that it uses for keyboard and mouse events that are native on a desktop.
Siebel Open UI can reference a third-party resource. For example, you can configure Siebel Open UI to get data from a supplier Web site, incorporate it with Siebel CRM data, and then display this data in the client. For example, it can get literature information from a supplier, and then include this information in a detailed display that includes information about the product, such as images, diagrams, or parts lists. It can mix this information with Siebel CRM data, such as customers who own this product, or opportunities who might be interested in purchasing this product.
For information about deploying Siebel Open UI, including supported features, see Article ID 1499842.1 on My Oracle Support. For more information about using Siebel Tools, see Using Siebel Tools.
Customizations That You Can Make with Siebel Open UI
- Refresh only the part of the screen that Siebel Open UI modifies.
- Configure Siebel Open UI to display a list applet as a box list, carousel, or grid.
- Display data from an external application in a Siebel CRM view or applet.
- Display a Siebel CRM view or applet in an external application.
- Configure Siebel Open UI to display a Google map.
- Use cascading style sheets to modify HTML elements, including position, dimension, and text attributes of an element.
- Use HTML to customize the logo that your company uses or to customize the background image.
The following are a few examples of customizations that you can make with Siebel Open UI in a mobile environment:
- Display Siebel CRM data in a Google map or add maps that include location data.
- Create a custom mobile list.
- Configure scrolling, swipe, swipe scrolling, infinite scrolling, and the height of the scroll area.
- Configure a view to use landscape or portrait layout.
- Configure toggle controls and toggle row visibility.
- Display a high interactivity view.
For more information about these examples, see Customizing Siebel Open UI and Customizing Siebel Open UI for Siebel Mobile.
Open Development Environment
You can use Siebel Tools or a development tool of your choice to customize Siebel Open UI so that it fits in your business environment and meets specific user requirements. You might not require Web development in many situations because the Siebel Tools configuration works for the Siebel Open UI client similarly to how it works for the current Siebel Web Client. You can use a predefined, uncustomized deployment, or you can use Siebel Tools to customize the SRF and Siebel Web templates. You can use only Web development or you can use Siebel Tools and Web development depending on the implementation requirements.
- Create smooth transitions between swipe, accordion, or carousel views.
- Create multifont displays.
- Expand, collapse, or resize an applet.
- Do a limited pilot test of your customizations in your current Siebel Server implementation while most of your users continue to use the high-interactivity client.
- Preserve your existing customizations.
- Include Siebel Open UI or individual Siebel Open UI objects, such as views or applets, in a third-party user interface.
- Integrate external content in the Siebel Open UI client.
Multiple Client Environment
Siebel Open UI can do the following to support different client environments:
- Display data in any client that meets the World Wide Web Consortium standards. For example, a corporate desktop, laptop, seven-inch tablet, or ten-inch tablet. Siebel Open UI can display a typical Siebel CRM desktop client in the smaller footprint that a tablet provides.
- Display data in a browser or any other compliant client or mobile platform.
- Display data simultaneously from a single Siebel business application to more than one client environment.
Siebel Open UI works the same way for the following client types:
- Siebel Web Client
- Siebel Mobile Web Client
- Siebel Dedicated Web Client (Thick Client)
Support for More Than One Usage
Siebel Open UI adjusts to the unique attributes of each client so that the user can do the same task on a variety of client types. It can optimize the intrinsic capabilities of each client type or device so that they provide a desirable user experience for the novice or expert user. An administrator can also configure Siebel Open UI to meet these individual skill levels. Siebel Open UI can do the following:
- Support applications that you can customize to meet appearance and behavior requirements or usage patterns of various devices, such as smartphones, tablets, desktop computers, or laptop computers.
- Use flexible layout options that support a tree tab layout or a custom navigation design.
- Automatically hide tabs and navigation panes when not in use to optimize space.
- Allow employees, partners, and customers to use the same business process and validation with different levels of access.
- Use user interactions that are consistent with current Web applications.
- Support layout and gesture capabilities for mobile users who use a tablet or smartphone device.
New Notification User Interfaces
Siebel Open UI includes elements from social media and smartphones that improve user productivity, such as notification applets. It combines these capabilities with other Siebel CRM innovations to provide the following capabilities:
- Use a notification area that displays messages. The user can access this area at any time without disrupting current work.
- Hover the mouse to toggle between summary and detail information for a record.
- Use native Web browser functionality. For example, bookmarks, zoom, swipe, printing and print preview, and spelling checker.
- Use intuitive system indicators for busy events or to cancel a time-consuming operation.
- Allow navigation through a wide range of data entry and navigation capabilities through the keyboard, mouse, tablet, or gesturing.
For more information, see Notifications That Siebel Open UI Supports.
Siebel Open UI on a mobile interface uses the same architecture that Siebel Open UI on a desktop application uses. For more information, see Siebel Connected Mobile Applications Guide.