Siebel Email Administration Guide > Overview of Siebel Email Response >
Fundamentals of Using Siebel Email Response
Siebel Email Response enables organizations to manage and respond to a high volume of incoming email. You can use Siebel Email Response with other Siebel Business Applications.
Siebel Email Response and Siebel Communications Server are installed with the Siebel Server and work together to receive email and send responses. Siebel Communications Server supports and integrates communications channels that are used to communicate with customers. The following components for Siebel Communications Server handle email traffic to and from Siebel Email Response:
- Communications Inbound Receiver. Communications Inbound Receiver pulls email from the email server, converts the email into event data, and creates a server request for the Server Request Broker component.
- Communications Inbound Processor. Communications Inbound Processor receives the events from Communications Inbound Receiver and processes them using workflows.
- Communications Outbound Manager. Communications Outbound Manager manages outbound communications with customers. Siebel Email Response uses the Communications Outbound Manager server component to send responses.
In addition to handling email traffic, Siebel Communications Server can support a multichannel toolbar. This toolbar includes buttons that agents use to access different communications channels, such as voice and email. Products such as Siebel CTI and Siebel Email Response might use the communications toolbar to enable agents to initiate outgoing communications and accept incoming communications using supported communications channels. For information about the communications toolbar, see Siebel CTI Administration Guide.
NOTE: The Siebel Bookshelf is available on Oracle Technology Network (http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/indexes/documentation/index.html) and Oracle Software Delivery Cloud. It might also be installed locally on your intranet or on a network location.
Siebel Email Response performs the following tasks:
- Monitors one or more mailboxes on your email application.
- Parses an inbound email message for various fields, such as Sender, Message Body, and the message attributes for further processing.
- Creates an activity record in the Siebel database for each inbound email and stores the content of the email in fields within the new record.
- Sends an acknowledgment message to let the sender know that the email is received.
- Routes an inbound email message to an agent by using parameters such as agent skills, when integrated with Siebel Workflow and Siebel Assignment Manager or a custom routing and queueing solution.
- Enables an agent to compose and send a response message using templates configured for your company needs. Templates save agents time and give them preapproved responses to send to customers.
- Includes a spell check feature to improve the accuracy of messages.
- Accesses customer data and history in one customer information database.
- Provides global support for companies that receive email messages from customers around the world with the following features:
- Support for many different international languages. For information about supported languages, see Siebel System Requirements and Supported Platforms on Oracle Technology Network.
- Unicode support. Organizations can deploy Siebel Email Response around the globe without needing separate databases and Siebel Enterprises.