Siebel eSales Administration Guide > Siebel eSales Workflow Reference > Siebel eSales Checkout Workflows >
eSales - Authorize Order Process
The workflow for authorizing credit card payments and purchase orders is shown in Figure 13.
Figure 13. eSales - Authorize Order Process
Confirming the order in the Order Summary view calls the eSales - Authorize Order Process. The following events happen:
- The process determines which payment method was selected, PO or credit card.
- If the PO method was selected, the process:
- If a credit card was used, the credit card is authorized using the workflow Credit Card Transaction Service.
- If authorization is successful, an order is created using the CreateOrder method of the Shopping Service business service. An order acceptance email is sent, the Order Confirmation view appears, and the Credit Card Verification Number is deleted.
- If authorization fails, the eSales - Enter Payment Details Process (see Figure 11) is called. Credit card authorization is performed again and if it is successful, the order is created.
See Integrating Siebel eSales with Third-Party Payment Applications for more information on credit card authorization.