Work Manager: Configuration
Configuration Options Related Tasks Related Topics
Use this page to define the request classes and constraints for the selected global Work Manager.
A request class defines a fair share thread entitlement, a response time goals, or a context policy for a particular class of application request.
To manage work in your applications, you must define one or more of the following Work Manager components:
- Fair share request class
- Response time request class
- Minimum threads constrant
- Maximum threads constraint
- Capacity constraint
- Context request class
Name Description Name
The user-specified name of this MBean instance.
This name is included as one of the key properties in the MBean's
A request class to associated with this work manager. This may be a FairShareRequestClass, ResponseTimeRequestClass, or a ContextRequestClass.
Fair Share Request Class
Get the FairShareRequestClass for this WorkManager
Response Time Request Class
The response time goal (in milliseconds).
Context Request Class
The mapping of Request Classes to security names and groups.
Minimum Threads Constraint
The minimum number of threads allocated to resolve deadlocks.
Maximum Threads Constraint
The maximum number of concurrent threads that can be allocated to execute requests.
The total number of requests that can be queued or executing before WebLogic Server begins rejecting requests.
Ignore Stuck Threads
Specifies whether this Work Manager ignores "stuck" threads. Typically, stuck threads will cause the associated Work Manager to take some action: either switching the application to Admin mode, shutting down the server, or shutting down the Work Manager. If this flag is set, then no thread in this Work Manager is ever considered stuck.
If you do not explicitly specify IGNORE_STUCK_THREADS=TRUE, the default behavior is that upon encountering stuck threads, the server will take one of the aforementioned actions.
- Create global Work Managers
- Create global request classes
- Create global constraints
- Delete global Work Managers, constraints, or request classes
- Work Manager Configuration
- Response Time Request Class Configuration
- Fair Share Request Class Configuration
- Context Request Class Configuration
- Maximum Threads Constraint Configuration
- Minimum Threads Constraint Configuration
- Capacity Constraint Configuration
- Using Work Managers to Optimize Scheduled Work