Create an XML Registry
Related Tasks Related Topics
Use this page to create a new XML Registry.
The XML Registry is a facility for configuring and administering the XML resources of WebLogic Server. XML resources include the default parser and transformer factories and external entity resolution.
When you create an XML Registry, you can configure:
- The classes that implement, by default, the parser and transformer factories used by WebLogic Server applications to obtain an XML parser or transformer. These classes will be used by default by all WebLogic Server applications that parse or transform XML data. When you install WebLogic Server, the default parser and transformer factory implementations are those included in Sun's JDK Version 5.0.
- The parser and transformer factory implementation classes used by a particular XML document type, identified by either its public ID, system ID, or root element.
- How external entities, specified in an XML file, are resolved by storing local copies of the entity at a location accessible by the Administration Server.
- Managed Servers to cache external entities that are referenced with a URL or a pathname. You can specify that the entity be cached as server startup or when the entity is first referenced by an application.
You can target only one XML Registry to a particular WebLogic Server instance.
- Configure XML Resources
- Update an existing XML registry
- View the associated XML registry
- Configure external entity resolution
- Associate a parser to a document type