|C H A P T E R 8|
Using OpenBoot PROM
Some features in the OpenBoot PROM support ALOM. To use these features, type a command at the ok prompt. This chapter contains information on the following headings:
Do one of the following:
1. To switch from the OpenBoot PROM prompt to the ALOM command shell, type the following command at the ok prompt:
Note - #. (pound-period) is the default escape character sequence to switch to the ALOM command prompt. To change the escape character sequence, use the sc_escapechars variable. See sc_escapechars.
2. To return to the Solaris Operating System from the ok prompt, type the following command:
Use the reset-sc command to reset ALOM from the OpenBoot PROM prompt (ok).
To use the command, type reset-sc at the ok prompt.
Use the .sc command to probe ALOM and to obtain its status from the OpenBoot PROM (ok) prompt.
To use the command, follow these steps:
1. At the sc> prompt in ALOM, type the following command:
2. Type the following command:
3. Type the following command:
4. At the ok prompt, type the following command: