This chapter describes system requirements and the contents of the Sun Fire E2900 systems shipping package. The chapter contains the following sections:
1.1 System Packaging
Sun Fire E2900 systems are shipped secured to a wooden pallet by brackets. The system is covered by shock-resistant packaging secured by a corrugated cardboard cover, which itself is secured by unbreakable straps.
Graphics on the outside of the cover illustrate how to remove the cover and associated packaging. No special tools are required.
The modules shipped within the system depend on the configuration ordered.
1.1.1 After Unpacking
The system weighs approximately 236 pounds (107 kg) when fully equipped. A lifting device will be required to lift the system.
Ensure that doorways, corridors, and aisles are wide enough and high enough to accommodate the system while it is being moved by the lifting device.
1.2 Site Planning Checklist
- Have system administrators and operators taken the necessary Sun Microsystems training courses?
1.2.2 System Components
- Has the system configuration been determined?
- What is the total number of systems?
1.2.3 Physical Specifications
- Has the system location been established?
- Does the equipment floor layout meet the equipment maintenance access requirements (Section 2.3, Service Access")?
- Will the equipment be positioned so that the exhaust air of one device does not enter the air inlet of another?
1.2.4 Environmental Requirements
- Does the computer room environment meet the temperature and humidity specifications (Section 3.2, Airflow and Heat Dissipation)?
- Can the computer room environment specifications be maintained satisfactorily?
- Is additional fire suppression equipment required?
1.2.5 Facility Power Requirements
- Have you determined system cabinet and peripheral cabinet(s) voltage?
- Have sufficient power receptacles been ordered for each system, monitor, and peripheral?
- Are circuit breakers properly installed and labeled?
- Are the power receptacles within 11.5 feet (3.5 meters) of the server cabinet system, or within 6.0 feet (1.8 meters) of the standalone server system?
Copyright © 2006, Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.