|A P P E N D I X A|
Power Interruption During Updating
If power to your system is interrupted during updating of the flash PROM:
1. Turn the power switch to the Standby position to prevent power surge to the system when power is restored.
2. After power is restored to the system location, return the power switch to the Power-On position.
After power is restored, one of the following two recovery scenarios should happen on your system. Follow the instructions described for the appropriate scenario.
If your system attempts to autoboot after power is restored, or if it returns to the flash PROM's ok prompt, you must complete the programming process by rebooting the flash PROM utility. See Updating the Flash PROM.
If your system does not boot or return to the ok prompt after power is restored:
1. If the update was being run via a serial port and the system also has a frame buffer and keyboard installed, or if the system has a keyboard and more than one frame buffer installed:
a. Connect a monitor to each frame buffer.
b. Confirm that output has been redirected to one of the frame buffers.
2. If output cannot be found on any of the installed frame buffers, follow the procedure in the section Changing Jumper or Keyswitch Settings to set the boot control jumper to boot from the half of the PROM that is not currently selected:
3. Power on the system.
4. If the system still does not recover after you complete Step 1 and Step 2 a second time, contact your service provider.