How to Install a CMOD Filler
Caution - Airflow and temperature-related issues. For proper airflow and cooling, all CMOD slots must
contain either a CMOD or a filler module. Do not operate the server
with unoccupied CMOD slots.
- Prepare the server for service. See How to Prepare for Service.
- If necessary, remove the CMOD. See How to Remove a CPU Module (CMOD).
- To unlock the CMOD filler lever, squeeze the green-colored tabs on the end
of the lever.
- Rotate the lever to the right to its fully open position.
The lever does not extend beyond 90 degrees.
- Position the filler in the slot with the lever to the right.
- Slide the filler into the slot until it stops.
Do not push the filler beyond this point.
- Ensure that the pawl on the lever is aligned with the slot
in the CMOD sidewall.
- To install the filler, rotate the lever to the left and firmly push
it until it is flush with the front of the filler.
Caution - Pinch point. Keep hands and fingers clear of the back side of the
Rotating the lever to the left causes the pawl to engage the
sidewall . Push the filler into the slot until it is seated.
- To lock the lever, push the lever until you hear the locking
- Prepare the server for operation. See How to Prepare for Operation.