Install the System Battery
- Attach an antistatic wrist wrap and unpack the replacement battery.
- Press the new battery into the battery holder with the positive side (+)
facing away from the metal tab that holds it in place.
- If the service processor is configured to synchronize with a network time server
using the Network Time Protocol (NTP), the ILOM clock will be reset as
soon as the server is powered on and connected to the network. Otherwise,
proceed to the next step.
- If the service processor is not configured to use NTP, you must reset
the ILOM clock using the ILOM CLI or the web interface. For instructions,
see the Oracle Integrated Lights Out Manager (ILOM) 3.0 Documentation Collection.
- Return the server to operation:
- Return the server to the normal rack position.
See Return the Server to the Normal Rack Position.
- Reinstall the power cords to the power supplies and power on the server.
See Returning the Server to Operation.