|C H A P T E R 4|
Installing the Cabinet Extension on the Front of Sun Racks With Silver Alloy Doors
The front silver alloy doors can only be installed on the left side of the Sun Rack. The black and silver alloy front hinges are different than all other Sun Rack hinges. You must replace the alloy hinges with the gold hinges to install the cabinet extension. You will then install the original black and silver alloy hinges on the front of the cabinet extension.
1. If necessary, remove all power, and disconnect all power and data cables from the Sun Rack and installed equipment.
Follow the manufacturer's recommended shutdown procedures before removing power from any equipment.
2. Pull out the end of the antitilt bar to the fully extended position (FIGURE 4-1).
3. Rotate the foot 90 degrees and adjust the height of the foot so that it rests on the floor.
4. If necessary, lower the four cabinet feet to contact the floor.
This figure shows the anti-tilt bar being extended and the foot rotating to contact the floor.
1. Using a 10 mm wrench, disconnect the front portion of the ground cable from the front door (FIGURE 4-2).
2. Lift the front silver alloy door off the hinges.
3. Using a screwdriver or wrench, remove the two black and silver hinges from the front of the Sun Rack (FIGURE 4-3).
4. Remove the two black latches from the front of the Sun Rack (FIGURE 4-3).
The latches are pressure-fitted and may require some effort to remove.
5. Remove all four gold hinges from the front of the cabinet extension (FIGURE 4-4).
6. Install the gold hinges onto the Sun Rack where the black hinges and latches were mounted (FIGURE 4-5).
Ensure that the hinges are mounted so that the hinge cylinders face to the outside of the extension.
7. Remove the four gold pins from the package and place them into the gold hinges.
8. Install the two black latches on the right front of the cabinet extension (FIGURE 4-6).
9. Install the black and silver hinges on the left front of the cabinet extension.
10. Position the cabinet extension over all four gold hinge pins and lift the cabinet extension into place (FIGURE 4-7).
11. Secure the four phillips screws into the sides of all four hinges.
[ D ]
12. On the cabinet extension, insert the small hinge pin in the top left hinge and the longer hinge pin in the bottom left hinge.
13. Position the silver alloy door over the two hinge pins and lift the door onto the cabinet extension (FIGURE 4-7).
14. Secure the stabilizing feet and the ground cables as described in Securing the Ground Cables and Stabilizer Feet.