Install a Power Supply
- Align the replacement power supply with the empty power supply chassis bay.
- Slide the power supply into the bay until it is fully seated.
Figure 87 Installing a Power Supply (Sun SPARC Enterprise T5120 Server)
Figure 88 Installing a Power Supply (Sun SPARC Enterprise T5220 Server)
- Based on the model of your server (AC or DC), apply power to
the power supply in one of the following ways:
- AC server models – Connect the power cord to the power supply.
- DC server models – Turn on the power using the circuit breaker at
the power source.
Caution - For server models with DC input power, always remove power by turning off
the power at the power source circuit breaker. The Wago connector is not
a service disconnect, and should only be disconnected after the power source circuit
breaker is turned off.
- Verify that the PSU OK LED is lighted.
- Close the CMA, inserting the end of the CMA into the rear left
- Verify that the Fault LED on the replaced power supply, the system Power
Supply Fault LED, and the front and rear Service Required LEDs are off.
See Power Supplies Overview.
- At the ALOM CMT sc> prompt, type the showenvironment command to verify the status
of the power supplies.