Remove the Power Supply Backplane
Before You Begin
Note the chassis serial number and server part number. They are printed on
a label located on the side of the chassis.
- Remove the motherboard assembly.
See Remove the Motherboard Assembly.
- Remove the power supplies.
- Grasp the power supply handle and press the release latch.
- Slide the power supply out of the system. See the following figure.
Figure 113 Removing a Power Supply From a Sun SPARC Enterprise T5240 Server
- Remove the power distribution board.
See Remove the Power Distribution Board.
- Remove the No. 2 Phillips screw securing the power supply backplane to the
power supply bay.
- Lift the power supply backplane up and off its standoffs and out of
Figure 114 Removing a Power Supply Backplane From a Sun SPARC Enterprise T5240 Server
- Place the power supply backplane on an antistatic mat.