Remove the Hard Drive Cage
- Power off the system.
See Removing Power From the System.
- Disconnect all external cables.
- Remove the server from the rack. Place the server on a hard, flat
See Remove the Server From the Rack.
- (SPARC Enterprise T5140) Remove the inner glides from the server.
Each inner glide is secured with a locking tab. Release the tab and
slide each inner glide off the server mounting studs.
- Attach an antistatic wrist strap.
- Remove the top cover.
See Remove the Top Cover.
- If you are servicing the hard drive backplane, remove all hard drives.
See Remove a Hard Drive.
Note - Make a note of the drive locations before removing them. You will need
to install the hard drives in the same locations when reassembling the system.
- If you are servicing the hard drive backplane, remove the DVD/USB module.
See Remove the DVD/USB Module.
- (SPARC Enterprise T5240 server) Remove the fan modules and fan power boards.
See Remove the Fan Power Board.
- Remove the No. 2 Phillips screws securing the hard drive cage to the
Two screws secure the disk cage to each side of the chassis.
Figure 99 Removing a Hard Drive Cage (Illustrating Removal From a Sun SPARC Enterprise T5140 Server)
- Slide the hard drive cage forward to disengage the backplane from the paddle
- Disconnect the hard drive data cables.
- Press the release button.
- Remove the plug from the connector on the hard drive backplane.
Caution - The hard drive data cables are delicate. Ensure that they are safely out
of the way when servicing the motherboard.
- Lift the hard drive cage up and out of the chassis.
- Set the hard drive cage on an antistatic mat.