Verify the Operation of the Slide Rails and the CMA
Tip - Two people are needed for this procedure, one to move the server in
and out of the rack, and one to observe the cables and CMA.
- For a free-standing rack, deploy the antitilt bar.
- Unlock the slide lock button s at the right and left sides of
- Slowly pull the server out of the rack until the slide rails reach
Figure 22 Unlocking the Slide Rail Assembly (Either Server)
- Inspect any attached cables for binding or kinks.
- Verify that the CMA extends fully and does not bind in the slide
- Verify that the server extends fully and locks in the maintenance position.
The server should stop after approximately 15 inches (40 cm) of travel.
- Pull both slide rail release buttons toward you simultaneously and slide the server
back into the rack.
The server should slide smoothly into the rack without binding.
Figure 23 Rail Mounting Bracket Release Button (Either Server)
- Verify that the CMA retracted without binding.
- Adjust the cable straps and CMA as required to secure the cables.