Importing Non-JBI Based Sample Projects
Sample projects are available for implementation and product training. You can import the
sample project files from the Java Caps sample web site at http://java.net/projects/javacaps-samples/pages/Home.
To Import a Non-JBI Based Sample Project
Before You Begin
Make sure that the repository is running and that all necessary SAR files
and components have been loaded. Save all unsaved work before proceeding.
- Open your browser and navigate to the sample web site listed above.
- Under the Database Adapters tab, click the Adapter for Oracle link.
- Download the sample project ZIP file and extract the sample project archive file
to your computer.
Make note of where you saved the file.
- Start NetBeans IDE and connect to the running repository:
- Select Tools -> CAPS Repository -> Connect.
- Supply or accept values: login name, password, etc.
- Click Connect.
- From the NetBeans toolbar, select Tools -> CAPS Repository -> Import Project.
The Import Manager appears.
- In the Import Manager dialog box, browse to the location of the sample
project archive file you extracted earlier, and select the ZIP file for the
project you want to import.
- In the Destination Project field, select As Top-Level.
- When the sample project has successfully imported, click Close.
- Click Import. The new project appears in the Projects window.
After you Import a project, there are several steps required to configure,
deploy, and run the project.
See the following sections for directions to complete your imported project: