Enhance Personal Productivity
Many Oracle WebCenter Portal Services are specifically designed to work with standard personal productivity tools, offering functionality focused at the individual rather than the group. These services include:
- Mail: Exposes mail from any IMAP-compliant
mail server and enables users to perform basic mail interactions,
such as view, read, create, and delete messages, send attachments, and
reply to or forward an existing mail message.
- Notes: Enables users to track and manage
simple personal notes by providing a means of "jotting down" and retaining
quick bits of personal information. The Notes service exposes its features
in the Notes panel as well
as in the Notes task flow.
- Notifications: Enables users to register interest in different items within the environment and then get a notification delivered to them when and where they want.
- RSS: Exposes the content of many different web sites in a news feed, and provides an RSS feed for others to consume as well.
- Search: Helps users locate data and documents that are stored anywhere within the enterprise. WebCenter Portal's Search service is integrated with this service.
- Worklist: Surfaces business processes in the context of the current business scenario and enables users to view and take action on all tasks and notifications from a central place.