What Is Oracle WebCenter Portal: Framework?
Oracle WebCenter Portal: Framework is a modern portal framework that speeds delivery of portals and websites and extends the capabilities of traditional enterprise portals. The Framework enables both developers and business users to collaboratively build out the exact portal solution required for internet, extranet, intranet, or social computing applications. A rich array of features and services enable you to:
- Build and consume standards-based portlets.
- Integrate content from many different content stores through standard interfaces and the Content Presenter task flow.
- Build pages that are consistent in structure, layout, and look and feel.
- Build navigation components to facilitate enterprise-wide reuse as well as deliver dynamic query and content-based navigation.
- Apply delegated security policies to a hierarchy of portal pages and other navigable elements, like portlets and content.
- Make the application customizable at runtime, empowering end users to edit application pages according to their requirements using Composer in WebCenter Portal.
- Personalize portal pages with Personalization for WebCenter Portal.
- Add social networking and personal productivity services to your portal with WebCenter Portal: Services.
- Leverage productivity tools to perform rapid, iterative development of portal components.
These features are discussed in more detail on the following pages.