Matching to Purchase Orders
When you enter an invoice and match it to a purchase order, Payables automatically creates distributions for you and checks that your match is within the tolerance you define. See: Invoice Tolerances.
After you save the match, Payables updates the quantity billed for each matched shipment and its corresponding distribution(s) by the amount you enter in the Quantity Invoiced field. Payables also updates the amount billed on the purchase order distribution(s).
Note that Payables allows you to match to purchase orders wthat have a status of Closed for Invoice.
Your purchasing information must be generated in Oracle Purchasing or transferred to Oracle Purchasing tables from an external purchasing system.
A purchase order for the same supplier, supplier site, and currency as the invoice you are entering must be approved and open.
To match to specific purchase order shipment or distribution:
1. Enter the Standard, PO Default, or Mixed invoice Type in the Invoices window. If you enter PO Default Type, Payables prompts you to enter the PO Number, then Payables automatically defaults the Supplier, Supplier Number, Site, and Currency.
3. In the Match to PO window review the purchase order Payment Terms and optionally change the invoice Payment Terms in the Invoices window. Payables uses the invoice payment terms to schedule invoice payment.
4. Create invoice distributions by matching to a purchase order. For each shipment you want to match, select the shipment and enter two of the following: Quantity Invoiced, Unit Price, or Match Amount.
When you enter one field, Payables automatically calculates the remaining field (Quantity Invoiced x Unit Price = Match Amount). You can optionally change the Unit Price, which defaults from the purchase order shipment unit price.
If you want to match in further detail, you can match to purchase order distributions:
- To match to purchase order distributions, choose the Distribute button. For each purchase order distribution you want to match to, select the purchase order distributions and enter either the Quantity Invoiced or Match Amount. Payables automatically calculates and enters the remaining field based on the Unit Price. (Quantity Invoiced x Unit Price = Match Amount). The Unit Price defaults from the match you made in the Match to PO window.
5. Choose Match to save your match.
To review the new invoice distributions, choose the Distributions button in the Invoices window.
To match all purchase order shipments (QuickMatch):
1. Enter the QuickMatch invoice Type in the Invoices window.
2. Choose the Match button to have Payables navigate to the Match to PO window and automatically match for you. Payables fully matches the invoice to the distributions of the matched shipments and automatically creates invoice distributions. You can adjust any of the matches by overriding the defaults.
Review the purchase order Payment Terms and optionally change the invoice Payment Terms in the Invoices window. Payables uses the invoice payment terms to schedule invoice payment.
3. Choose the Match button in the Match to PO window to save your match.
To review the invoice distributions Payables created, choose the Distributions button in the Invoices window.