Defining Kanban Cards
Use the Kanban Cards Summary window to view, define, and update kanban cards. You automatically generate kanban cards with the Generate Kanban Cards process. See: Generating Kanban Cards
To view kanban cards:
1. Navigate to the Find Kanban Cards window by selecting Kanban Cards from the menu.
2. Enter selection criteria. You can restrict the search by Card Number range, Item Subinventory, Locator range, Source Type, Supplier and Supplier Site, Source Organization, Source Subinventory, and Source Locator.
To update kanban cards:
1. In the Kanban Cards Summary window, you can update the following fields:
In the Kanban alternative region: All fields except Size, Printed on, or Replenishable.
In the Source alternative region: All fields except Source Type.
To define kanban cards:
1. Navigate to the Kanban Cards Summary window by selecting the Cards button in the Pull Sequence Summary or Pull Sequences window. You can also navigate to the Kanban Cards Summary window by selecting the New button in the Find Kanban Cards window.
1. Optionally enter a card number. Otherwise, a number will be generated when you save your work.
2. Select the Item number.
3. Select the Subinventory and optionally the Locator.
4. In the Kanban alternative region, check Replenishable if you want to define a replenishable card.
5. In the Size field, enter the quantity of items in each kanban.
6. Select the Card Status: Hold or Active
7. Select the Supply Status: Empty, Full, or New. If you create a card with a card status of Hold, you cannot select a supply status of Empty.
8. In the Source alternative region, select the Source Type: Supplier or Interorg
For the Supplier source type, you can select a supplier and supplier site.
For the Interorg source type, you can select the organization, subinventory, and locator.
To open the details window
- To make viewing and entering information easier, you can select the Open button in the Kanban Cards Summary window to open the Kanban Cards window for the current line. In this window, you can enter any of the information in the alternate regions of the summary window.
To display kanban card activity:
- Select the Activity button to open the Card Activity window for the selected kanban card. For each replenishment cycle, this window displays a variety of activity information.
To print kanban cards:
- Select the Print button to send a print request to the concurrent manager for cards for the selected line.