Defining Movement Statistics Parameters
Use the Movement Statistics Parameters window to define the parameters for gathering movement statistics. Inventory uses this information to validate entry of statistical movement transactions and to properly report the information. See: Collecting and Reporting Movement Statistics.
To define movement statistics parameters:
2. Enter the legal entity. The list of values displays the existing legal entities for which parameters have not been defined.
3. Enter the name of the legal entity branch. The branch name is displayed on the Movement Statistics Report.
4. Enter the name of the calendar to use for statistical movement reporting. You can define a calendar for statistical reporting purposes that is independent of the accounting calendar for your organization's set of books. You can pick a calendar from a list of all period sets defined in your system.
5. Enter the category set to use with your movement transactions. Inventory uses the list of categories defined in this category set to associate your items with defined codes. For example, the European Union countries have a defined set of commodity codes that the member states must use for their official Intrastat declaration.
6. Enter the weight UOM to use for movement transactions calculations. For example, the EU countries require Kilogram as the weight unit of measure for the official Intrastat declaration.
7. Enter the office name, code, and location of the tax office to which your legal entity reports. The European Union (EU) single market Intrastat requirements state that the name, code, and address of the tax office to which a legal entity reports should appear on the official Intrastat declaration. The full address associated with this location is displayed on the Movement Statistics Report.
8. Enter the currency conversion option to be used by the Movement Statistics Report to convert foreign currency document amounts to the functional currency of your organization's set of books:
Daily - The daily conversion rate on the date of the movement transaction.
Last Day of Period - The conversion rate and type of the last day of the reporting period.
9. Enter the currency conversion type to use to convert foreign currency amounts to functional currency.
The lower part of the screen displays the reporting calendar period and report reference number of the last official run of the Movement Statistics Report for each of the four movement types: Dispatch, Arrival, Dispatch Adjustment, and Arrival Adjustment.
To update movement statistics parameters:
1. Navigate to the Movement Statistics Parameters window from the menu.
2. Query on the desired legal entity to display the existing parameters.
3. You can update information in all fields except Legal Entity. See the discussions of the fields in the previous section.
Creating an Organization.
Defining Category Sets
Defining Conversion Rate Types
Movement Statistics Report