Defining and Updating Transaction Types
You define transaction types by combining transaction actions and transaction source types. You define transaction source types in the Transaction Source Types window. Oracle Inventory provides the list of transaction actions.
To create a user-defined transaction type:
2. Select the User Defined alternative region.
3. Enter a unique name for the transaction type.
4. Enter a transaction source type.
This field does not appear if you navigate from the Transaction Source Types window.
5. Select a transaction action. The combination of the transaction source type and the transaction action limits the transaction type.
6. Check Project to enable this transaction type for project use.
To update a system-defined transaction type:
1. Select the System Defined alternative region.
2. Update the name or description for a transaction type. You cannot modify the source type information.
To make a user-defined transaction type inactive:
- Enter the date on which the transaction type becomes inactive.
As of this date, you can no longer use the transaction type in a transaction.
Defining and Updating Transaction Source Types
Transaction Source Types