Overview of the Supply Chain Planner Workbench
In addition to the recommendations suggested by the planning process with the Planner Workbench, Supply Chain Planning users can review and selectively implement these recommendations across multiple organizations.
Review Overview of Planner Workbench for a full description of features available in Oracle Master Scheduling/MRP Planner Workbench.
With Planner Workbench, Supply Chain Planning users can:
- view the horizontal netting information for an item in several different inventory locations at once
- display inventory status summary for an item for each organization that carries the item, including onhand quantities, open customer orders, reservations, open replenishment orders, and quantities available to reserve
- display data generated at the snapshot (the last planning run) or data in its current state (including all changes to the plan)
- generate a graphical view of the relationship between item supply and end demand -- at all levels of the bill of materials and at any number of facilities in the distribution network
If you are using supplier planned inventories, the following restrictions apply to implementing planned orders:
- generate a graphical view of the supply chain bill for an item in an organization, showing all item/location combinations
- You cannot implement planned orders in supplier organizations.
- Planned orders in customer organizations must be implemented as sales orders rather than internal requisitions.
- Planned orders sourced from supplier organizations must be implemented as purchase requisitions, rather than internal requisitions.
Attention: All help on Supply Chain Planning assumes a knowledge of Master Scheduling/MRP and will refer users to MRP topics when they compliment Supply Chain functionality.