Control Actions Window
Use the Control Actions window to set up controls over data imported to Oracle Projects from an external system. Entering an action in this window prevents users from performing the action in Oracle Projects on a record that originated in the specified external system. The actions available in this window currently include the following:
- Update Project Description
For example, consider the following scenario:
- Update Project Organization
- You have imported a project from an external system.
- You have a business rule that states that project and task dates are always maintained in the external system.
To enforce these rules, you would enter the following actions in the Control Actions window for the source product (external system):
- To ensure data integrity, you want to prevent projects and tasks that originate in the external system from being deleted in Oracle Projects.
To set up controls for integrated project data:
1. Navigate to the Control Actions window.
2. Enter or query the source product for which you want to set up controls.
3. For each action that you want to control:
- Select the budget type (for budget actions only)
- Enter effective dates for the control