Siebel Hospitality Guide > Setting Up Products and Assets > Adding Catalog Visibility to Products >
Creating a Product Category
You can further group products into product categories under catalogs.
This task is a step in Adding Catalog Visibility to Products.
To create a product category
- Navigate to the Administration - Catalog screen > Catalog Administration list.
- In the Catalog Administration list, query for and select the required catalog.
- Drill down on the Name hyperlink.
The Categories view appears.
- Create a new category, complete the fields, and save the record. For information about the fields, see Creating the Product Catalog.
- Make sure that you complete the Effective Start Date and Effective End Date fields for the category. This is important as these dates are checked when you create a quote line item for effective catalogs.
- Create new product categories as required.
- Indent the new category under the original catalog to create a category hierarchy.