Pricing Administration Guide > Creating Discount Matrices > About Configuring Discount Matrices >
Adding New Dimensions to Existing Discount Matrix Types
NOTE: This section includes instructions that assume you are familiar with Siebel Tools. For more information, see Using Siebel Tools. These instructions also assume that you have made the appropriate data model extensions to the appropriate discount details table.
To add new dimensions to existing discount matrix types, use Siebel Tools as follows:
- In the Object Explorer, select the Business Component object.
- Query to find the appropriate discount matrix Business Component (Product-Based Adjustment, Entitlement-Based Adjustment, or Training-Based Adjustment).
- Add a new Business Component field based on the newly created extension column.
- In the Object Explorer, select the Business Component User Prop object under the Business Component object.
- Add the new field name to the appropriate user property.
NOTE: If the field will be used as a criteria dimension, add it to the Dimension Columns user property. If the field will be used as a calculation or result dimension, add it to the Default Columns user property. The appropriate syntax for the user properties is as follows: #FieldName#FieldName#FieldName#
- Compile the business component changes to the SRF.
- In the Object Explorer, select the Applet object.
- Query to find the appropriate discount details applet (Product-Based Adjustment list applet, Entitlement-Based Adjustment list applet, or Training-Based Adjustment list applet).
- Create a new list column for the new field.
- Bind the list column to the Edit List Web template.
- Compile the applet changes to the SRF.
If the new field was added as a criteria dimension, it should now appear as a selection in the discount criteria pick applet for the appropriate discount matrix type. If the new field was added as a calculation or result dimension, it should now appear in the Discount Details applet when the user drills down on a discount matrix with the appropriate discount matrix type.