Pricing Administration Guide > Creating and Assigning Price Lists >
Assigning Price Lists to Users
The price list that controls a user's prices depends on both organization and account:
- Organization. This option limits visibility. The user cannot see a price list unless it was assigned to the user's organization in the Organization field of the price list record. One price list can be assigned to many organizations, and many price lists can be assigned to a single organization.
- Account. This option controls which price list is active for the user. The active price list is the price list associated with the user's account record.
When you associate a price list with an account, that price list is automatically defaulted in the quote or order when the account is entered for the quote or order, and the price list's currency is set as the header-level currency for the quote or order.
NOTE: If you use Siebel Sales to sell to the public through the Web, customers may not have accounts. The default price list is for customers without accounts. For information about setting a default price list, see the section about setup tasks in Siebel eSales Administration Guide.
To assign a price list to a user
- Navigate to the Administration - Pricing screen > Price Lists view.
- In the Price Lists list, select the price list you want to assign to the user.
- In the price list's Organization field, click the select icon.
The Organization's dialog box appears.
- If the user's organization is not already listed in this dialog box, click New, add it, and then click OK.
- Navigate to the Accounts screen > Accounts List view.
- In the Accounts list, click the name of the user's account.
- Click the More Info view tab.
- In the More Info view, go to the Price List field list and select the price list for this account.